Your fact of the day for 11/23/18

Start your own discussion on any subject
United States of America Factman
Mood:

Your fact of the day for 11/23/18

Post by Factman » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:10 am

Black Friday is becoming extinct.

Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer, broke the Black Friday tradition in 2011, when it opened its store on Thanksgiving evening. Ever since, retailers have been in a race to catch up and now, 33 million Americans said they planned to shop immediately after turkey.

But don't worry - this time, retailers have come up with a name themselves: "Grey Thursday"

Possibly because you think your getting a great deal buying cheap junk, but in the end, you'll probably get fucked in more ways then one.

Just the facts.

Germany Phreakwars
Mood:

Re: Your fact of the day for 11/23/18

Post by Phreakwars » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:12 pm

I have never shopped a black Friday. I only take advantage of discounted "SALE SALE SALE" prices. Amazon, Newegg, Tiger Direct and a bunch of others spam the fuck out of me each fucking holiday. Hey if the western digital black KWANZA SPECIAL is the best deal all year, I'll jump on it. Beats risking getting shot at the mall by some lower middle class asshole in a frenzy to get a 50" TV. Fuck the holiday buying. My youngest kid is 18, at minimum, they'll all get socks and starbucks gift cards. Saving my money for the impending recession.

Italy RightWingConspirator

Re: Your fact of the day for 11/23/18

Post by RightWingConspirator » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:57 pm

Phreakwars wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:12 pm
I have never shopped a black Friday. I only take advantage of discounted "SALE SALE SALE" prices. Amazon, Newegg, Tiger Direct and a bunch of others spam the fuck out of me each fucking holiday. Hey if the western digital black KWANZA SPECIAL is the best deal all year, I'll jump on it. Beats risking getting shot at the mall by some lower middle class asshole in a frenzy to get a 50" TV. Fuck the holiday buying. My youngest kid is 18, at minimum, they'll all get socks and starbucks gift cards. Saving my money for the impending recession.
This is exactly how I feel about it. Why fight with half dead homosexual zombie niggAz over this bullshit that will probably be discounted even more in January? And to top it off, it was shit that nobody wanted to buy the entire year prior to niggA Friday. I think most of these people now do it, just for something to do that day, not for the actual discounts. But I know people are pretty fucking stupid, so who knows. If I'm feeling like I need to dodge bullets and fight over some shitty 42" TV there's something really wrong in my life.